Saturday, July 17, 2010

Back once more

Wow I haven't posted here in a long time, although to be fair that wasn't for lack of trying. My desktop has some glitch in it where it will not allow me to access any web pages that require log in so the only way to update my blog is from my laptop. Still, I should be more frequent than I've been, and I'll work on that.

What's been going on in my life, well there have been some changes. The wonderful man from the previous post is no more. We had a very nice loving relationship for about 8 months that finally ended after Memorial Day Weekend. I suppose it was meant to happen, he was young and I have a complicated life. Being single again was kind of a challenge to get used to again, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it again.

I'm still working at the medical center although all my time is spent on billing and new patients now. We are supposed to be getting our new EMR system sometime in the near future (which around there usually means within the next 8 months, but I think we might be closer to the next 3 months). I'm excited about that. I always enjoy learning new things, although I think billing will be a nightmare for about a year and a half after the switch.

The children are both doing well. My son starts middle school next month, something I'm a little anxious about. He will be in band and we had to go buy a clarinet, which let me tell you those suckers are expensive!! I had no idea they cost so much or I might have been pushing vocal music more since he already has that instrument. Oh well, maybe he will love it, and either way at least I gave him the opportunity to try. My daughter will be in Second grade, and she is doing better with her reading. It's challenging to stay on top of it over the summer with everything else going on, but we try. I ended up having to put them both in daycare for the summer, but I found a really awesome one that has lots of fun field trips all week long and so far they actually enjoy it and look forward to going and are upset when I pick them up so that's nice.

In personal news I am finally writing again after a long dry spell. It's hard to make myself do it sometimes but I feel so good when I do write that it's usually pretty easy to keep at it once I get started. Hopefully I'll have my routine completely in place by the time school starts. I also started a new challenge for myself, 1000 goals to complete in 10 years, which I call my Crane list. I set up a blog for it where you can read all about it here. It's a little silly maybe, but I like having a visual goal to work towards. So far I've completed 7 of my items, not too bad.

We also added a new family member, a German Shepard puppy named Jackson. He is so cute and growing so fast, he'll be a big ol' monster dog soon enough. It's been challenging adjusting to baby dog needs again, but the kids are so happy to have a pet again.

Nothing much else to report. Mostly I've just been the same ol' me, just busy and dealing with challenges. You know I think the people in my life present the most challenging aspects. Sometimes I want to rip my hair out, but I know I just have to push through.

Oh, I did one more thing, I finally set up face book. I still have no clue what I'm doing there, but it's something to play with. I found Frontier land or whatever it's called tonight, and I have to say that is fun. I can see how people can end up spending a lot of time on there.

Well I need to put the puppy to bed and get some more writing done, so take care, stay cool, and be kind to others. T-out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, let me know what you feel, whatever, just comment already. ;)